Friday, 25 January 2013

It's the most busiest time of the year!

The Holidays......... what joy!

I haven't been able to make a post in a while because of the holiday season. I have not had such a busy work week in my life... and at that; it was also my first week of service! HELP!

Before Christmas time came, I was really prepared for the awful homesickness feelings. Christmas is my absolute favorite day of the year, and just like a ton of families, my family celebrates it with all our cousins, aunts, and uncles for numerous days. It was sooo hard being away... yet almost at the same time, I did not have too much time to get that upset about it. Why? ... Because I was WORKING!

During your first week of service they are supposed to go a little easier on you and you are apparently supposed to get AM shifts for two weeks. However, circumstances come into play and when you are the newest server... you may get stuck with the extensions of shifts. That is exactly what happened to me. I worked about 15 days with one day off and 5 or 6 of them were all day shifts meaning opening till closing. It was very tough, but on a positive outlook it really helped me get my practice in.

New Years was a whole different story. It by far was the fullest I have EVER seen the park. We did not have a typical service date for New Years Eve. I worked as a food runner and we served the guests similar to banquet style. The menu was different as well and we made all the dishes especially for New Years. They were absolutely beautiful! At the end of the night we took all the guests outside to view the New Years fireworks which we were also allowed to see. They were AMAZING.

All in all:

The magical moments for me over the tough holiday season were:

1.      Skype date Christmas morning with my family opening up presents J It made it feel a little more like Christmas for me.
2.      On Christmas my very last table was a table from Scotland. They were the sweetest family ever. When they had left they told me to do myself a favor and make sure I take next Christmas off. They also left me an enormous over grated tip. They really, really made my night
3.      With everything going on with work and the one day I had off, I spent it with three of my very close friends here. Steve (Canadian), Mat (Canadian), and Aimee (UK, Scotland). We went to Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney for dinner, watched Rise of the Guardians (love, love, love this movie!) and went to Magic Kingdom!
4.      Watching the New Years fireworks with my Canadian Pavilion family!  
5.      One week before Christmas we got the Canadian Pavilion all together and had a potlock and Secret Santa exchange!

Enjoy and have a magical day!
Eileen McDonald









No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!